Tuesday 24 July 2012

Welcome!

I'm starting the first official blog post here, to welcome everyone to Dashboards(fx), well, that's the freelance idea that I am finally turning into a business concept and consultation service. It's not yet a trend in Singapore to see many Silverlight and Windows Presentation Foundation developers around, basically because there hasn't been a strong demand yet.

First and foremost, I have been a web developer for almost the past decade, and through these years, I have seen a lot that has been going on, and to be very honest, there are already so many web development firms out there. There is no point to go into competition with them. I started having the idea of development something alongside web development, but much more nitched, and also, will bringing more revenue and profits. Well, like all businesses, there are no guarantees. So, we don't expect instant success. Well, I hope to be like Mark from Facebook, or Microsoft's Bill Gates, but let's face it, if it has been this easy, I will not have been struggling for so many years.

I used to think that by going into business of web development, and working hard, will help me to get investors, but honestly, that is not how things should work. I should be formulating an idea that will help me to get the entire marketing share, or the majority of it, and I want to be the pioneer of something in Singapore.

And I began learning about Silverlight Development lately, especially after working on a BI Dashboard project for a global company called Chrysler. It sparked the inspiration and idea for me to work on something different from Web. Silverlight and WPF has the power of both using the web, but also being on the desktop, and they have the power of rendering 3D graphics, animations and behaviors that normal desktop applications cannot have.

But I also have to be careful of predators, I know I am not the only one out there who has mastered silverlight applications, I am sure there are probably others much smarter and more skillful than me. I do not want them to steal my ideas. But I hope instead, I can rally them to come together and work with me.

So yes, this is where I am going to start my small little consultation business. Maybe it might not seem like much at this point, which is true, but to me, inside my mind, my vision is huge, and I can see how these Business Dashboards are going to penetrate every single office of the Fortune 500 companies in Singapore!

No comments:

Post a Comment